Saturday 30 September 2006

Sound slumber linked to learning

by PEGGY CURRAN, The Gazette
Published: Sunday, September 24, 2006

"Reut Gruber has a simple, old-fashioned remedy for the modern plugged-in child.

Bring back bedtime. Turn off the TV, put a curfew on the computer, lower the lights and crack open a storybook.

Gruber, a clinical child psychologist and sleep researcher at the Douglas Hospital Centre, isn't surprised when parents complain that their sons and daughters are hyper, fidgeting when they ought to be sleeping, then fractious and disruptive in class the next day.

The poor kids are exhausted."

Click here for full article


I know many people with adhd sleep poorly. When I get more z's I feel a lot better, but it is hard to get to bed when you are feeling all hyper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kids have bedtimes and we read stories. My oldest two kids read to themselves before bed now. Having a bedtime routine definately works. I have to say that I still have to force myself to go to bed at a decent hour though.