Sunday 24 September 2006

Lost (not in cyberspace) & Busy

A few people have wondered where I have gone as it has been a while since my last post. It has been a really busy time for me the past few months. My boss asked my team to deliver a national website & TV campaign in 6 weeks (this usually takes a few months longer) for a client. It was very hard! The project had several creative directors (who all hated each other). Anyway we got it done, launched and survived. The team and me are now catching up on some sleep.

Simultaneously with all of this I had booked in some work on the house, electricians, painters etc. Nothing like doing renovation when you are busy at work ;-)

BUT (because I didn't really have enough stuff to do), just before the project was dumped on us, I had enrolled in a law degree. Which, for adhd'r is a really big call. Of course, several assignments were due throughout the project. That nearly did my head in. There is so much stuff to read (and, as far as I can tell, judges do not know any plain English at all and they have a predilection for snippets of Latin and Old French). I rarely move without my legal dictionary these days. Anyhow had the results back for my first assignment and did OK. We'll see how it goes for the next ones.

Whew! Just writing all of that made me tired. It is not surprising that I have not read anything unrelated to work or school for months now, let alone posting on a blog. But the important thing is that I survived and managed to meet all the obligations. A few years ago I would have failed to deliver on most of this stuff and been having a quiet little breakdown somewhere. The meds have really helped me - went and got my prescription refilled regularly.

No comments: