Monday 9 October 2006

ADHD or too many distractions to focus?

The following is amusing take on the way we sometimes ask kids to focus on too much & then blame adhd...

By Lane Filler (lane.filler@shj.com)
Published October 8, 2006

Quinn, my 5-year old daughter: "Doctor, my father simply has no ability to
focus. I think he has ADHD."

Doctor: "Can you give me an example of
this behavior you call 'unfocused?' "
Quinn: "Last night I was trying to have a serious conversation with him about how badly I need a My Little Pony Gameboy. It's a straightforward issue: I have no My Pretty Little Gameboy, thus my clear need for one. But he couldn't focus. He'd listen for 30 seconds, then say, 'Go wash your hands for dinner.' He'd listen for another 30 seconds, then say, 'When I was your age we played with mulch.' "
to read more click here

No comments: